There is no way to prevent menopause, but its symptoms and effects can be managed. It is often possible to manage the symptoms of menopause without medical intervention.
>> Exercise: Exercise during menopause can have a range of benefits, including preventing weight gain, reducing cancer risk, protecting the bones, and boosting general mood. Women should exercise earlier in the day during menopause to avoid causing any interruptions to their sleep cycle.
- Pilates, for example, has shown great benefit in reducing all menopausal symptoms not related to the urinary system and genitals, including sleep problems and hot flashes.
- Kegel exercises can be useful for preventing #UrinaryIncontinence. These are exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor. Practicing 3-4 times a day can lead to a noticeable improvement in symptoms within months.
>> Nutrition: It is important to maintain a healthful and varied diet when managing the bodily effects of menopause. Omega-3 may ease psychological distress and depressive symptoms and it is available in foods such as oily fish & its supplements.
Women experiencing menopause should eat a well-balanced diet that includes: vegetables, fruits, whole grains, unsaturated fats, fiber & unrefined carbohydrates.
Try to consume between 1,200 and 1,500 milligrams (mg) of calcium and plenty of vitamin D each day.
>> Psychological assistance: Deep breathing techniques, guided #meditation, and progressive relaxation can also help limit sleep disturbance. Stress can aggravate #HotFlashes and #NightSweats, so avoiding known stressors and practicing #relaxation techniques can help menopausal symptoms.
>> There are a few ways for a woman to comfortably accommodate the effects of menopause:
- Avoid tight clothing.
- Limit the consumption of spicy food, caffeine, and alcohol.
- Stay sexually active to reduce vaginal dryness.
- Keep stress levels to a minimum, and get plenty of rest.
HelloDox is one-stop solution for all your health care needs. In here, you can connect to your doctor, consult online audio/video/chat consultations, do near by clinic visit. You can get preventive health check-up from top NABL accredited labs pan India at lowest price. You can also upload prescriptions which is reviewed by our doctor panel and get it done in-time at minimum price. At HelloDox our mission is to provide best healthcare services at lowest price to all our citizens.
- Survey No. 152-4/1A, Behind Krishna Petrol Pump, Near
Hinjewadi Hospital, Hinjewadi Pune - 411057, India.
Your session timed out.
Please refresh to continue!