Beetroot is known for its incredible vibrant colour and hence it is used in salads as well as many recipes. This awesome pinkish red colour comes from a pigment called betanin which is often extracted to create natural food colouring and dyes.
Here are some benefits of including beetroot in your diet:-
- It is rich in antioxidants: Antioxidants like betanin & polyphenols in beetroot reduce the oxidation of bad cholesterol, protect the artery walls and guard against #HeartDisease and #Stroke.
- It helps in detoxification: It detoxifies your body by pulling the toxins into the colon from where they can be evacuated. Beetroot juice might also stimulate red blood cell production and build #stamina.
- Folate, Fiber, Vitamin C and other minerals: Beetroot is a great source of fiber and minerals like iron, potassium and manganese which are essential for good health and in combination with other foods it can deliver a lot. #VitaminC boosts #immunity, #folate is essential for normal tissue growth and fiber helps in smooth #digestive functions. It is particularly high in #protein and #iron than most other roots & tubers.
- For Heart health: Studies have shown that the high content of nitrates in beetroot produces a gas called nitric oxide. This gas helps to relax and dilate your blood vessels which improves blood flow and lowers #BloodPressure.
- For Hair care: Beetroot is actually one of the best home remedies to fight the flakes and an itchy scalp. You can boil some beets in water and use the concentrated liquid to massage on the scalp. Alternatively, you can mix some beetroot juice, vinegar and ginger juice and apply to the scalp. Keep this for 20 mins and rinse.
- Low in fat & calories: Although it has a high sugar content, it is low in calories & almost fat free. Since it is loaded with fiber it makes you full on lower calories. This makes it a nutritious option for those looking to keep their weight down.