Seborrhea or dandruff can be a very distressing as well as an embarrassing problem. Dandruff, primarily caused due to dryness, refers to the white flakes that fall off your scalp. The problem of dandruff is common for both men and women, irrespective of age. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be cured easily but can only be controlled.
There are many remedies for controlling dandruff. Eight such remedies are mentioned below:
1. Use anti-dandruff hair care products: Using anti-dandruff shampoos and conditioners can help you to control your problem of dandruff.
2. Avoid oiling your hair on a regular basis: Dandruff, at times, tends to increase if your scalp is excessively oily. So, to avoid it, try not to oil your hair very often. Also, if you have an oily scalp, make sure to use the correct hair care products to control the problem.
3. Apply lemon juice: Lemon juice is known to be a very effective remedy for treating dandruff naturally. Apply lemon juice all over your scalp to combat the problem of dandruff.
4. Baking soda: Baking soda is an effective remedy. It helps to reduce the excess oil on your scalp, henceforth will help in reducing dandruff.
5. Use virgin olive oil: Massage warm virgin olive oil on your scalp, this can help you to reduce your problem of dandruff to some extent.
6. Include more vitamins in your diet: A healthy diet can help you to deal with your problem of dandruff more efficiently.
7. Mental stress: Reducing your mental stress can help you to control dandruff, as most hair problems occur due to this pshyshological problem.
8. Use the right comb: Try using an appropriate comb for your hair. If the comb hurts your scalp, then the skin of your scalp may turn flakier resulting in more dandruff.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to deal with your problem of dandruff efficiently.
Numerous individuals suffer from hair loss and hair fall problems, which inevitably cause low self-esteem and low self-confidence. Although this is not a life threatening condition, this disorder can cause serious self-esteem issues in individuals. Most individuals with extreme hair loss issues are uncomfortable in having a social life and face a constant suffering from within.
There have been numerous kinds and types of medications for treating and preventing hair loss. However, homeopathy has proven to be amazing without causing any side effects. Homeopathy is an alternative medicine which uses no harsh chemicals and works on the principle of triggering the healing process in the body.
Possible situations that cause hair loss-
2. Too much vitamin A intake
3. Pregnancy (hormonal changes and stress)
6. Lack of protein
8. Various hormonal imbalances
9. Deficiency of vitamin B
10. Thyroid problems
11. Alopecia Areata
12. Drastic weight loss
Homeopathic medicines stimulate the hair roots to promote regrowth. The medicines used in Homeopathy to aid hair regrowth are all of natural origin and therefore, safe for use among persons of all age groups. The main advantage of opting for Homeopathic medicines for hair regrowth is the absence of any related toxic side effects. Some of the most common homeopathic treatments to prevent hair loss are-
1. Hair loss due to Alopecia Areata: This disorder is caused due to the immune system, which mistakes hair for foreign objects and attacks it, thereby causing erratic loss of hair. The individual loses hair in patches haphazardly. There are numerous medicines for specific treatments of Alopecia. Some of them are listed below-
- Fluricum Acidum: This not only fights alopecia, but is also efficient in preventing hair fall after Syphilis, where hair breakage, hair fall and hair tangles increase immensely.
- Phosphorus: This is very effective in treating alopecia and can also be used to heal other gastrointestinal problems, blood, bones and nervous tissue problems.
- Calcarea carbonica: This is one of the best homeopathic medication for hair regrowth. It also prevents itching and sweating of the scalp.
- Vinca minor: This is very effective in treating alopecia along with dandruff. Abnormal hair growth can also be treated with this medication.
2. Hair loss due to Dandruff: Dandruff is a common problem and the worst part is that it brings intense hair fall with it. Dandruff is caused generally due to eczema and psoriasis. The medications that can be used are as follows-
- Psonorium: Best treatment for preventing dandruff and hair loss caused along with it
- Mezereum: Heals rashes and lesions and tackles hair fall in crusty scalps
- Kali sulphuricum
- Natrum muriaticum
- Pulsatilla pratensis
3 . Baldness: Mostly affects men. Some of the recommended medicines include:
- Baryts carbonica
- Lycopodium clavatum
However, it is advised that in case of hair loss, before you consume any medicines, consult a homeopathic practitioner for a thorough treatment.
Hair fall is a very common phenomenon that plagues millions of people around the globe. Most of you take supplements of vitamin on a regular basis as it aids the buildup of new hair and skin cells. Read on to find out how exactly do the various vitamins help your hair:
1. Vitamin A: This vitamin controls the production of retinoic acid in your hair follicle. It is not only helpful for skin care but stimulates hair growth. It is immensely fruitful in moisturizing your hair and keeping it healthy. Vitamin A is usually found in sweet potatoes, carrots, tuna, lettuce, mango, sweet red peppers, green leafy vegetables and spinach.
2. Vitamin B: Variants of this, such as B12, aid in hair growth by managing stress. Vitamin B is found in fruits such as oranges and papayas, and beans.
3. Vitamin C: This vitamin helps you absorb iron from the food you eat which is an absolute essential for hair growth. It also boosts the synthesis of collagen that is required to repair the damage and sustain the structure of your hair. Fruits such as papayas, guavas, lemons, sweet lime, orange, kiwi, vegetables such as broccoli, yellow bell peppers and leafy vegetables are replete with Vitamin C.
4. Vitamin D: This vitamin rejuvenates the hair cells in order to form new shafts of hair. Vitamin D is found in dairy products, mushrooms, soy milk, tofu, and cheese. Vitamin D is also naturally made by your body when you expose your skin to the sun, and is called the sun-shine vitamin.
5. Vitamin E: This aids in stimulating capillaries and enhancing blood circulation on the scalp. This additionally contributes to hair growth due to its high anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant content. Certain foods loaded with Vitamin E are pumpkin, broccoli, olive oil, sunflower seeds, almonds, avocado, tofu and spinach.
6. Vitamin B5: It is also known as Panthenol, is a vital ingredient that is used in medicines to regulate hair fall. Foods enriched with Vitamin B5 are sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, avocados, cheese and mushrooms.
Other Ways to Help Hair-
We have gone over the vitamins that may be important for the health of your hair. But lifestyle changes can help just as much. Try:
1. cutting back on gels, blow-drying, and brushing hair when wet
2. lowering your stress by exercising at least 30 minutes a day
3. drinking enough water, 6-8 glasses a day
Being mindful of the foods and drinks you consume, the products you use, and the way you manage stress, can all help improve the well-being of your hair.
With changing lifestyles and environmental pollution, hair fall is becoming a bigger issue than it was a few decades ago. People in their 20s and 30s are losing hair, necessitating hair transplant.
Hair fall definitely affects a person’s esthetics, but it is a bigger issue than what just meets the eye. Hair fall especially in men can lead to baldness and when it occurs in the younger years, it affects their overall personality and self-esteem. Hair loss is usually associated with old age and this gives them an appearance much older than they actually are. This can even lead to depression and personality changes.
Ayurveda believes that hair loss has a deep-rooted problem. It believes that a combination of hair products, massage, meditation, and yoga can help in curing hair fall.
There are various products which are believed to have a dramatic effect on hair fall.
1. Bhringaraj: This literally translates to the “king of hair.” Available for use in various forms like oil, powder or paste, this helps hair health in multiple ways reversing hair loss, promotes growth, and controls premature greying.
2. Ritha: Ritha and shikakai are used as natural hair wash products for centuries. Minus the chemicals, they are excellent for preventing hair fall and also add to hair shine and strength.
3. Shikakai: Another natural cleanser for the hair, it is loaded with vitamins antioxidants. It also helps retain the natural oils in the scalp. It can be mixed with water or with tea residue and applied as a paste on the hair.
4. Brahmi: Another wonder product for the hair, it promotes hair follicles, nourishes the roots, removes dead skin from the scalp, and reduces hair fall. This can be used in combination with amla, tulsi, and curd for combined benefits.
5. Neem: This again can be used as oil or as a paste. Neem helps hair fall by improving blood circulation, reducing dandruff and reduces itchiness. It has a cooling effect on the scalp.
In addition to these products, Ayurveda has other ways to control hair fall.
1. Specific yoga asanas are believed to improve hair fall. These asanas which mostly require the person to stand on their head increase blood flow to the scalp and promote hair growth.
2. A major reason for hair loss is stress and anxiety, and so meditation which helps in stress management can help in controlling hair fall and hair loss.
3. Various oils like castor oil, coconut oil, neem oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc., can be used at slightly warm temperatures to massage the scalp. This promotes the hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
The next time you are worried about hair fall, try these options and see the difference.
Aloe Vera Stops Hair Fall And Helps in Hair Growth
Water and air pollution are the biggest causes of hair fall. And, Aloe vera is the biggest cure for hair fall! Not just hair fall control it also promotes hair growth. Alkalizing properties of aloe vera improves the pH levels of hair which help in hair growth. Its application also reduces dandruff and itching.
Take an aloe vera leaf, extract the gel and apply this gel to the hair. Leave it for hours and wash the hair with warm water. Follow this procedure for 3 – 4 times a week for better results. You can also use aloe gel easily available in markets.