Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a group of symptoms—including abdominal pain and changes in the pattern of bowel movements without any evidence of underlying damage. Treating irritable bowel syndrome can include changing diet, reducing stress, and taking medication.
There are many types of teas and herbs that may be beneficial for easing the symptoms of IBS. They are :-
- Turmeric: Eating turmeric has relatively little risk and is known to decrease inflammation and act as an anti-oxidant, both of which are health benefits for someone with IBS. Turmeric tea is sold in pre-packaged tea bags or can be made at home using ground turmeric or a piece of turmeric root. Turmeric can also be mixed with lemongrass and cinnamon to make a flavorful mixture.
- Ginger: It is believed that the ginger extract may help decrease inflammation, make the stomach lining stronger, and promote movement in the intestines.
- Peppermint: Peppermint tea can reduce bowel spasms and help the liver detoxify the body. However, Peppermint is not recommended for use by people with hiatal hernias, gastroesophageal reflux disease, or gallbladder problems. Heartburn is not an uncommon side effect.
- Chamomile: Some people choose chamomile tea for relieving an upset stomach. It could offer benefits for people with IBS since digestive symptoms can be related to #stress.
- Fennel: It may be helpful for people with IBS since it can help relax the intestinal muscle and relieve #gas. It has a sweet flavor similar to aniseed.
HelloDox is one-stop solution for all your health care needs. In here, you can connect to your doctor, consult online audio/video/chat consultations, do near by clinic visit. You can get preventive health check-up from top NABL accredited labs pan India at lowest price. You can also upload prescriptions which is reviewed by our doctor panel and get it done in-time at minimum price. At HelloDox our mission is to provide best healthcare services at lowest price to all our citizens.
- Survey No. 152-4/1A, Behind Krishna Petrol Pump, Near
Hinjewadi Hospital, Hinjewadi Pune - 411057, India.
Your session timed out.
Please refresh to continue!