Here's a strange fact that the air inside your home is actually 2 to 5 times more polluted and toxic than the air you breathe outdoors. Breathing in clean air is important and should be a priority.
Here are some tips to purify the air at home :-
- Increase Ventilation: Ventilating homes reduces moisture levels, a major problem for indoor air quality. Install trickle vents to purify and cycle the air or use exhaust fans which help carry pollutants outside. Ventilate your kitchen, since cooking, especially on a gas stove, can be a major source of indoor air pollution.
- Houseplants: Houseplants such as Peace Lily, Lady Palm or Broadleaf Lady Palm can purify and rejuvenate air within our houses and workplaces, safeguarding us from any side effects associated with prevalent toxins like ammonia, formaldehyde and also benzene. Helpful for people with respiratory illness. You should have at least 1 plant/100 sq ft of home for efficient air cleaning to be accomplished.
- Salt Lamps: Salt crystal products tend to reduce airborne irritants, pathogens and allergens by pulling water vapour out of the air. Himalayan pink salt is a natural ionic air purifier that pulls toxins from the environment and neutralises them. Additionally, the natural orange glow doesn't disrupt sleep hormones, so you can use them during night, too.
- Essential Oils: They are effective against bacteria in the air. In the presence of essential oils like cinnamon, oregano, rosemary, thyme, grapefruit lemon, clove, tea tree - viruses, fungi, bacteria and even mold cannot survive. You can add it to soaps and detergents to breathe fresher, cleaner air.
- Beeswax Candles: They act as natural air purifiers. They ionise the air and neutralise toxic compounds and other contaminants. Helpful for asthmatics and to remove common allergens like dust from the air.
- Activated Charcoal: Also called active carbon, they are natural air purifiers. You can use bamboo charcoal, too.
Here are some simple and Natural Remedies to Treat Asthma
- Round flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are loaded with anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids. 2 tablespoons of freshly ground flaxseeds or flaxseed oil can treat acute asthma very effectively.
- Vitamin C foods: Vitamin C helps in decreasing the inflammatory responses in the airways and also lessens the spasms of the bronchial passages. It also reduces #wheezing and #breathlessness. Eat mangoes, guava, tomatoes, papaya, oranges, amla, and green vegetables.
- Garlic and Onion: These are natural antibiotics to treat asthma. Onion and garlic stimulate the excretory organs, for assimilation of food to strengthen the lungs. Onions are very rich in a powerful anti-inflammatory compound called #quercetin that helps relieve #allergies. Onions have a direct anti- asthmatic effect due to the presence of #thiosulphates that have very active anti-inflammatory properties.
- Licorice root: It has been used in Chinese medicine to improve lung function, reduce #BronchialSecretions and energize the body. Tea made with licorice root is helpful to relax the bronchial tubes.