If you happen to be a garlic lover who loves to gorge on everything garlicky, then it's time for you to get a reality check! Garlic is one of the most common ingredients in Indian kitchens, and is being consumed for more than thousand years now. It is not only used for cooking, but is often considered as a medicine as well. There are various varieties of garlic and the most popular ones are hardneck and softneck. Garlic helps to prevent many diseases because of its medicine properties. However, like everything has its own pros and cons, so does garlic. Here in this article, we have shared some side effects of having excess garlic. Read on to know more.
Lack of personal hygiene might not just be the only cause of foul odor, as consumption of garlic can break the deal too! There are various chemicals in garlic that contribute to bad breath. So before you think of gorging on your favourite garlic bread, make sure you have a mouth-refreshing spray handy as garlic breath can be quite embarrassing.
Eating excess garlic may lead to skin irritation and rashes. Garlic contains an enzyme called alliinase, which is usually the cause of skin rashes. It is quite often advised to wear hand gloves while cutting garlic, as the same enzyme present in it can cause rashes and itchiness.
Garlic if taken in its raw form may trigger headache as well. It doesn't cause headache on the spot but can trigger the process. As per various studies, consuming raw garlic might stimulate the trigeminal nerve to release neuropeptides that goes to the membrane covering of the brain and triggers headache.
Could Aggravate Vaginal Infection
It is of utmost importance for women to take proper care of their vaginal health. One of the crucial things to keep in mind while suffering from vaginal infection is to avoid eating garlic as it can aggravate the yeast infection by irritating the tender tissues of the vagina.
May Cause Vomiting And Heartburn
According to various observational studies, consuming raw garlic bulbs in excess amounts may lead to vomiting and even heartburn. So to avoid this, you can always limit the intake of garlic.
>> Cold water
The swift splash of cold water, will provoke the quick production of adrenaline in the body. As a result, the adrenaline elevates your easiness for the hangover’s effects. The headache and the profound sensation will steadily reduce.
>> Water, milk, juice..Drink it all!
Drinking, which weakens your body, is one of the terrible after-effects of binging on drinks. So to avoid #dehydration just gulp tons of water and let it all be flushed. However, make sure you are not found near coffee in any case as it further aggravates the #headache and dehydrate you.
>> Puke the inside turmoil out
Puking is pretty rough but it is also an useful hangover remedy. After puking, you will feel much relaxed, as all the toxins will be washed out of your system. Force it or let it come out with its own flow.
>> Sleep over your drinks rage
Even after taking proper medication, you still don’t feel all right; then the super excellent solution to deal with it- is just to sleep on it. But be ready to wake up with a bad headache!
- Soothing music: Let your mood be influenced. Play soft jazz or blues, even though urbane, these songs induce a sleepy feel.
- Scalp Massage: A head massage is one thing to try out to make you fall asleep.
>> Let the liquids find their way out
Harmful and superfluous materials inside the body are detached in the process of sweating and urinating, together with the traces of ethanol from last night’s alcohol spree.
>> Eat through the problem
Fruits, which are full of vitamin C, are believed to combat the signs of a hangover. So keep fresh fruits like apple, banana, orange and pear handy. Deal with dehydration, deal with your hangover. The secret food item here is bread. It’ll soak up the alcohol in your body.
>> Some more tips
- Never drink on an empty stomach.
- Drink but do eat along.
- If you are drinking 2 parts of alcohol, sip at least 1 part of water along.
Most of us hate it when we have to vomit, but vomiting is often your body's way of purging a contaminated substance. Often vomiting is tied with a strange uneasy feeling. This sensation is called nausea. Nausea can persist just before vomiting. Many a times you are just feeling nauseous and don't vomit and many a times nausea goes away after vomiting. The feeling of nausea and vomiting could be due to a various factors.
Here are simple & effective home remedies to soothe nausea and vomiting sensation..
- Chew 1 or two cardamom seeds, the change of taste can also help soothe the vomiting sensation.
- To a cup of water, add 10 drops of lime juice and half teaspoon sugar . Then add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Stir and drink. This effective remedy can stop nausea and vomiting immediately.
- A tea made of 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and a pinch of nutmeg steeped in a cup of hot water can also prove effective.
- A mixture of equal parts of lemon juice and honey can also provide relief from the uneasy feeling induced by nausea. Dip your index finger into the mixture and lick it. Have the mixture slowly.
- Ginger is an effective remedy to several tummy and digestion related problems. If the vomiting is caused due to food poisoning or indigestion, mixing one teaspoon of ginger juice or freshly grated ginger pulp and one teaspoon onion juice can also help you get past that queasy feeling effectively.
Cloves can offer many health benefits due to their antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
>> Here are some benefits of clove :
- It treats Acne: Clove oil has anti-microbial properties. Due to this reason, it is very beneficial against #acne and stops it from spreading on your skin. It has great purifying properties and can help reduce the inflammatory pain caused by #pimples.
- It builds Immune System: Due to antioxidant properties, Clove helps boost the #immunity system and protects against #infections and flus.
- For Diabetes: It helps to keep #diabetes in check by controlling the blood sugar levels as it can imitate #insulin.
- To reduce headache: It is well known for its pain killing properties.
- For Sinusitis: Cloves to be a benefactor against the inflammation of the nasal passage. #Sinusitis can in time be overcome by clove. You can inhale grounded clove into your nose. Adding 3 to 4 teaspoon of clove oil in warm water and drinking it every day can help in preventing the infection and help you breathe.
- For toothache: Clove provides relief from toothaches. They can temporarily numb the pain. Take a little clove oil on a cotton ball and dab it on the aching tooth to get some relief.
- Improves digestion: Clove help relax the lining of the GI tract and thus protect us against #diarrhea, #nausea, intestinal #gas and #vomit. They can be taken with honey for relief.
- Morning Sickness: Clove has #antiseptic and #anesthetic properties that can help in proper #digestion and protect you against nausea and #vomiting. It proves to be very advantageous for #pregnant women.