Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, good for the skin, strengthens nervous system and digestive system, and helps in lowering the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are a good source of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in our diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar-fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces the chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help in avoiding breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improve the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Check the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promote brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
Hence, the above mentioned benefits of oranges make them one of the most amazing foods which everyone must include in his/her daily diet.
The occurrence of diabetes is expanding step by step. Being a silent executioner, it is attacking the youthful generation subtly that builds the weight of exchequer on the general population. Individuals, who are taking cutting edge medicines for diabetes treatment, prompting to searching of option arrangement of medicine where Ayurveda has more prominent application and significance. Ayurveda treats diabetes through diet, drugs, exercise and panchakarma.
Reasons for diabetes
Deficiency of exercise
Diet expanding kapha dosha, for example, fats, sugar, rice, potatoes
Mental stress and strain
Over the top sleep
Straightforward Ayurvedic cure for diabetes
Bitter Gourd Juice: Juice of Karela (30 ml) might be gone up against discharge stomach day by day in the early morning. It is considered as one the best remedies for diabetes. Pulverize the bitter melon into a grinder in the wake of isolating its seeds. Tad bit of water may likewise be included. Strainer this to have juice.
Methi Seeds: Fenugreek seeds or its mix with ayurvedic herbs are helpful remedy to decrease the signs and symptoms of diabetes. Absorbed fenugreek seeds warm water overnight took after by biting it in the morning.
Triphala: Triphala alongside different fixings are helpful in bringing down the sugar levels in blood. The decoction of a balance of base of Triphala, barberry, moth (20ml) and colocynth might be brought with turmeric powder (4gm) twice per day.
Amla: The juice of Amla (Embelica officinalis) (20 ml) twice per day is useful for diabetic patient. The powder of Amla fruit may likewise be taken twice every day.
Aloe Vera and ground sound leaf: The blend of turmeric (1/2 tbsp), ground sound leaf (1/2 tbsp), and aloe vera gel (1 tbsp) if taken twice every prior day lunch and supper, is useful to control sugar in blood along these lines successful for the issue.
Cinnamon powder: This is one of the essential regular home remedies. Step by step instructions to plan: First take one liter of drinkable water. Include 3-4 tbsp of cinnamon powder and warmth it for 20 minutes. Strain the blend and made it cool. Drink it consistently.
Diet: Use Varee, barly, Kulittha, Mung, old rice, Chickpeas, bitter gourd, dudhee gourd, Dodaka, in diet. Incorporate 'Tikta ras' things in diet.
Indian gooseberry, or amla, is one of the most potent natural medicines used in Ayurveda since time immemorial; moreover, it is recommended by many health practitioners as a general tonic for various lifestyle ailments like as a topical treatment for skin and hair, amla powder for weight loss, et al. It is loaded with health-benefiting properties and can be savoured in various forms. The sour-tasting fruit is generally consumed fresh or as a sweetened and preserved product known as amle ka murabba. An excellent source of vitamin C and minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus and chromium, Indian gooseberry is known to promote our overall health. But, did you know that amla can be great for managing diabetes too? Surprised? Don't be. Read on to know how Indian gooseberry, or amla, can help manage your sugar levels.
How does amla help manage diabetes naturally?
According to Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Coach, Shilpa Arora, "Amla is loaded with vitamin C and skin healing nutrients that build your immune system by strengthening gut microbiome. Amla helps insulin resistance and balances high blood sugar levels. It eliminates toxins from the body and heals cellular metabolism, which makes it great for diabetics. Stay clear of amla candies as the sugar will defeat the properties."
As per Ayurveda expert, Dr. Ashutosh Gautam, "Amla has many actions; it is useful in managing diabetes; all thanks to the antioxidants like ascorbic acid, tannins, and polyphenols present in it, which help to reduce lipids, triglycerides in liver and improve metabolism. The difference in blood sugar levels would be less initially, but the complication associated with diabetes gets managed."
As per a study published in the Journal of Medical Food, amla extract dropped sugar levels in diabetic rats. The findings showed that the strong free radical scavenging activity of amla and its ability to reduce oxidative stress helped improve glucose metabolism in diabetic rats.
Amla is said to have chromium that has positive effects on the pancreas, where insulin is produced, further helping regulate blood sugar levels. Chromium tends to regulate carbohydrate metabolism and may make the body more responsive to insulin, helping to keep the blood glucose levels in check. The benefits of amla are aplenty.
Amla is low in calories, which makes it great for managing your weight. Excessive calorie intake will cause weight gain, which could lead to insulin resistance, and eventually difficulty in controlling diabetes. An ideal body weight helps control blood sugar levels better.
Amla contains polyphenols that have properties, which are known to protect our body from oxidative stress caused by high blood sugar.
Amla is said to be effective in assisting proper absorption of insulin and further result in a drop in blood sugar levels.
How To Use Amla To Manage Diabetes Naturally?
Amla is easily available in fresh, dried and powdered form. One of the best ways to consume amla is to drink fresh amla juice every morning. You could sprinkle some amla powder on your food to enhance not just the flavour, but also the nutritious value. Make amle ka murabba and eat one daily to procure all the goodness from the fruit.
Consult your doctor before adding amla to your diet, as having both amla and medications simultaneously may cause the blood sugar levels to drop significantly.
Diabetes is a condition wherein the sugar levels in your blood increases significantly. This happens when the sugar you consume from food is not efficiently processed by the body thus, raising your blood sugar levels. An excess concentration of sugar in the blood can make you prone to various health complications.
The symptoms of diabetes include frequent urge to urinate, increased thirst, increased hunger and rapid weight loss, combined with fatigue and irritability. Diabetes can also cause problems in the eyes, such as blurred vision as well as make you prone to cataracts and even glaucoma (in very rare cases). With diabetes, any injury or body sore tends to take a lot of time to heal.
Diabetes is a disorder that occurs due to impaired insulin functioning. Insulin is a hormone that is produced by pancreas, which is located right below the stomach. Diabetes, when occurs as a result of insufficient production of insulin by the pancreas, is known as Type 1 Diabetes. In this type, the immune cells in the body attack the cells in the pancreas, which produce insulin, thus discouraging insulin secretion.
Another kind is the Type 2 diabetes, which occurs when the cells in the body become insulin resistant. Most cases of diabetes are of this particular type, as one of the major reasons behind this is following an erratic lifestyle devoid of healthy habits.
Gestational diabetes is the third type, although it isn’t very common. During pregnancy, the various hormones that are secreted in the body can play spoilsport with the functioning of the pancreas, thus the production of insulin. This leads to a drastic rise in blood sugar levels.
1. Eat healthy: Eating healthy assumes the maximum importance; you need to eat healthy in order to control diabetes effectively. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in the diet, but make sure to pick foods that contain little sugar. Fruits such as bananas and grapes are not the best options for a diabetic. Rather, one should consider cucumber and bitter gourd in such circumstances.
2. Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can keep your body weight at optimal levels which goes a long way in preventing and controlling symptoms of diabetes. Besides being good for your heart, cardiovascular exercises such as running bring down the excess glucose levels in the blood.
3. Limit stress: Stress is very harmful for the body as it reduces your immunity against diseases and infections. Leading a stressful life can make you prone to a variety of disorders, diabetes being one of them. Relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga can help one deal with stress effectively.
Diabetes refers to the condition when there is an excess of glucose in your body. Though glucose is beneficial for the proper functioning of the body, an excess can lead to serious consequences. Over the years, diabetes has emerged as one of the fatal diseases, one that once developed has no known cure. This condition is preceded by various perceptible symptoms, some of them are:
Insatiable thirst: The onset of diabetes is almost always accompanied by a nagging thirst, one that refuses to be quenched despite drinking plenty of water.
Frequent tendencies of urination: A frequent tendency of urination is one of the primary precursors of diabetes.
Acute hunger: Having bouts of acute hunger is one of the most predominant premonitions of diabetes.
Exhaustion and fatigue: In case you are suffering from diabetes, you will inevitably feel tired and exhausted all the time.
Blurring of vision: Diabetes is one of those rare conditions that threaten to affect and damage the eyesight. The blurring of vision comes hand in hand with the onset of diabetes.
Sores which take a long time to heal: One of the most fatal symptoms of diabetes is when the sore that you have suffered from takes a longer time than necessary to heal.
Some of the complications which diabetes invite are:
Cardiovascular problems: Diabetes considerably increases the risk of a host of cardiovascular problems and ailments like heart attacks, chest pain, and stroke.
Damage to the kidneys: The pair of kidneys that human beings are endowed with has the responsibility to remove the toxins from the body. An excess of diabetes in the body unsettles the purging ability of the kidneys.
Damage to the eyes: The onset of diabetes, among other things, puts your eyes at great risks. The condition tends to damage the blood vessels of the retina and can even cause blindness in some.
Skin disorder: Diabetes puts your skin at great risks. You may suffer from various bacterial and fungal infections among other ailments, due to an excess of glucose in your body.