Vegetables have always been an integral part of every healthy meal. They contain nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins which ensure smoothness of skin and prevent wrinkles. Here are some of those veggies which would help you maintain your youthful, healthy appearance and visage. Read more to find out about them:
1. Broccoli: Make sure you have a generous portion of this vegetable when you are on a meal as this green cruciferous vegetable is stuffed with phytonutrients which reduce inflammation and also help in preventing lung cancer and stomach cancer. They also contain essential nutrients which help in cell repair and slowing down the aging process.
2. Spinach: Spinach is your go-to food if you want to retain your hard-earned muscle tone. Studies indicate that spinach helps in strengthening your muscles. It contains magnesium, more than any other food item per serving. It helps to maintain muscle definition and nerve function as well as regulates blood pressure and blood sugar.
3. Kale: Kale is full of vitamin K which is very essential for blood coagulation and preventing internal hemorrhaging. It is also essential to maintain the strength in your bones as you age. Studies have shown that kale also helps to prevent prostate cancer. Consume it cooked to maximize its benefits.
4. Onions: Onions are very helpful in preventing and ending your stomach troubles. They prevent the growth of H.pylori bacteria which causes ulcers, gastritis and gastric cancer. Unfortunately, deep fried onion rings do not count.
5. Eggplant: Eggplants are rich in Nasunin, a nutrient which helps in the anti-aging process and prevents cancer as well. Eggplant also prevents Alzheimer's disease.
6. Red Bell Pepper: Red bell peppers contain vitamin C, which triggers the production of white blood cells that fight against germs and bacteria. Consuming a diet which is rich in vitamin C helps to lessen wrinkles because it helps in the production of collagen.
The above discussed vegetables must be in your daily diet plan to keep yourself healthy and hearty forever.