Your eyes play a significant role in your health. Many steps can be taken to ensure that your eyes are protected and remain as healthy as possible.
Here are some ways to protect your eyes from damage and disease and maintain healthy sight.
- Rest your eyes regularly: If you work all day at a computer screen, you may forget to blink often and end up with fatigued eyes by the end of the day. For every 20 mins that you spend staring at a screen, look at something else that is around 20 ft in front of you for 20 seconds to reduce eye strain.
- Eat vision-healthy foods: Consuming a diet rich in fruits and vegetables promotes eye health. Dark leafy greens, including collard greens, kale, and spinach—contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that help to prevent the formation of #cataracts. Grapes, too, may also support healthy eyes. Consuming fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids can also prove beneficial.
- Keep your weight under control: Being overweight or obese puts you at a higher risk of developing conditions such as diabetes or other systemic disorders, which may eventually lead to #VisionLoss. Considerable weight loss could potentially reverse eye damage caused by #Diabetes, #HighBloodPressure, and #Obesity.
- Go for regular eye exams: The best thing you can do to look after your sight is to go for regular #EyeTests. Not only does an eye test determine whether or not you need glasses, but it can also spot eye conditions that can be treated effectively if detected early enough.
- Wear sunglasses when outside: In addition to being a trendy fashion accessory, the most important role of sunglasses is to protect your eyes from the ultraviolet (#UV) rays emitted by the sun. When selecting sunglasses, never opt for style over safety. Look for shades that block 99–100 % of #UVA and #UVB radiation and always buy from a reputable source.
HelloDox is one-stop solution for all your health care needs. In here, you can connect to your doctor, consult online audio/video/chat consultations, do near by clinic visit. You can get preventive health check-up from top NABL accredited labs pan India at lowest price. You can also upload prescriptions which is reviewed by our doctor panel and get it done in-time at minimum price. At HelloDox our mission is to provide best healthcare services at lowest price to all our citizens.
- Survey No. 152-4/1A, Behind Krishna Petrol Pump, Near
Hinjewadi Hospital, Hinjewadi Pune - 411057, India.
Your session timed out.
Please refresh to continue!