- Drink extra fluids to help thin secretions and make them easier to cough up.
- Increasing humidity in the air helps relieve a cough. A vapourizer and a steamy shower are two ways to increase the humidity.
- When a cold and a stuffy, runny nose accompany the cough, it is often caused by mucous dripping down the back of the throat. A decongestant that opens the nasal passages will relieve this postnasal drip, and is the best treatment for that type of cough.
- Decongestants such as phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine or combinations of these two decongestants are available as OTC cold medications. Don't give decongestants to a child under 6yrs unless prescribed by the doctor. It is important to talk to your physician before using any cough medications for children under 2. If you have high blood pressure (hypertension), consult the doctor before taking decongestants.
- Avoid smoking and coming in direct contact with people experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Wash hands frequently during episodes of upper-respiratory illnesses.
HelloDox is one-stop solution for all your health care needs. In here, you can connect to your doctor, consult online audio/video/chat consultations, do near by clinic visit. You can get preventive health check-up from top NABL accredited labs pan India at lowest price. You can also upload prescriptions which is reviewed by our doctor panel and get it done in-time at minimum price. At HelloDox our mission is to provide best healthcare services at lowest price to all our citizens.
- Survey No. 152-4/1A, Behind Krishna Petrol Pump, Near
Hinjewadi Hospital, Hinjewadi Pune - 411057, India.
Your session timed out.
Please refresh to continue!