Think yoga is all huffing and puffing while you struggle to perform uncomfortable postures? Think again! Yoga is a blend of breathing techniques and postures that work together to heal your body from within and strengthen it from the outside. A range of breathing techniques, pranayam and asanas help you achieve overall well-being - from calming the mind, reducing stress, boosting metabolism and immunity to balancing hormones and various bodily processes. This article is dedicated to one of the most widely practiced and most basic breathing techniques of Yoga called Anulom Vilom.Anulom Vilom, also known as the alternate breathing technique, is excellent for respiratory problems and asthma. It facilitates proper functioning of the lungs, mitigates stress, lifts up your mood and keeps stress at bay.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom
1. Excellent for respiratory issues like asthma and allergies
2. Helps in balancing and relaxing the nervous system
3. Helps relieve headaches
4. Removes toxins from the body
5. Builds up stamina in the lungs
6. Reduces stress and keeps anxiety and depression at bay
"This yoga pose is perfect for all ages. You must do it at least 60 times, divided throughout the day. The technique is excellent for healing, chakra balancing and getting rid of breathing or respiratory problems. This can be done even after meals. Practicing yoga pose may help speed up the recovery process for those who have recently undergone a surgery. You must start with the stronger nostril. Exhale longer and deeper," shares Manisha Kohli from The Yoga Chakra Studio in New Delhi.
How to do Anulom Vilom?
- Always sit in Sukhasana with your hands resting sideways on the knees.
- You can also sit in Padmasana.
- If you begin from the left then close the right nostril with your right thumb and inhale slowly to fill up your lungs.
- Now, exhale slowly from the right nostril.
- It is essential to focus on your breath and practice the technique slowly.
- Repeat 60 times or for 5 minutes. You can do this any time of the day.
HelloDox is one-stop solution for all your health care needs. In here, you can connect to your doctor, consult online audio/video/chat consultations, do near by clinic visit. You can get preventive health check-up from top NABL accredited labs pan India at lowest price. You can also upload prescriptions which is reviewed by our doctor panel and get it done in-time at minimum price. At HelloDox our mission is to provide best healthcare services at lowest price to all our citizens.
- Survey No. 152-4/1A, Behind Krishna Petrol Pump, Near
Hinjewadi Hospital, Hinjewadi Pune - 411057, India.
Your session timed out.
Please refresh to continue!