With changing lifestyles and environmental pollution, hair fall is becoming a bigger issue than it was a few decades ago. People in their 20s and 30s are losing hair, necessitating hair transplant.
Hair fall definitely affects a person’s esthetics, but it is a bigger issue than what just meets the eye. Hair fall especially in men can lead to baldness and when it occurs in the younger years, it affects their overall personality and self-esteem. Hair loss is usually associated with old age and this gives them an appearance much older than they actually are. This can even lead to depression and personality changes.
Ayurveda believes that hair loss has a deep-rooted problem. It believes that a combination of hair products, massage, meditation, and yoga can help in curing hair fall.
There are various products which are believed to have a dramatic effect on hair fall.
1. Bhringaraj: This literally translates to the “king of hair.” Available for use in various forms like oil, powder or paste, this helps hair health in multiple ways reversing hair loss, promotes growth, and controls premature greying.
2. Ritha: Ritha and shikakai are used as natural hair wash products for centuries. Minus the chemicals, they are excellent for preventing hair fall and also add to hair shine and strength.
3. Shikakai: Another natural cleanser for the hair, it is loaded with vitamins antioxidants. It also helps retain the natural oils in the scalp. It can be mixed with water or with tea residue and applied as a paste on the hair.
4. Brahmi: Another wonder product for the hair, it promotes hair follicles, nourishes the roots, removes dead skin from the scalp, and reduces hair fall. This can be used in combination with amla, tulsi, and curd for combined benefits.
5. Neem: This again can be used as oil or as a paste. Neem helps hair fall by improving blood circulation, reducing dandruff and reduces itchiness. It has a cooling effect on the scalp.
In addition to these products, Ayurveda has other ways to control hair fall.
1. Specific yoga asanas are believed to improve hair fall. These asanas which mostly require the person to stand on their head increase blood flow to the scalp and promote hair growth.
2. A major reason for hair loss is stress and anxiety, and so meditation which helps in stress management can help in controlling hair fall and hair loss.
3. Various oils like castor oil, coconut oil, neem oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc., can be used at slightly warm temperatures to massage the scalp. This promotes the hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
The next time you are worried about hair fall, try these options and see the difference.