We all know besan, also known as gram flour, is good for our skin. But, do you know besan can do wonders to your hair too? Yeah, you heard it right. From the ancient times besan is being used to treat various skin problems and hair issues. Besan has too many healthy nutrients in it, which is proved to be beneficial for your hair. It makes your hair strong and healthy, and give your tresses a flawless look.Some of them include:
Prevents hair fall
Works as hair cleanser
Fights hair dryness
Works as a natural conditioner
Gives you shinny and long hair
Prevents split ends
With these amazing hair benefits of besan, you can have long, shiny hair. All you need to do is to regularly apply besan mask on your hair. There are various types of besan mask that you can use as per your hair type and problems.
1. Besan with curd hair mask
Besan mixed with curd is beneficial for your hair as this mixture boosts and rejuvenates the scalp, which results in hair growth. Curd contains antioxidants and beneficial bacteria that help prevent impurities and dirt from the scalp. If you often experience scratching and itching on the scalp, then you can add turmeric as well to the mixture. Did you know that besan and curd together act as a great substitute for shampoo and conditioner?
How to use:
Take some besan and mix it with small amount of curd.
Now, add turmeric in it and make a paste.
Apply the paste on your hair and leave it for 30 minutes.
After that wash your hair with lukewarm water.
2. Besan with olive oil hair mask
Olive oil is healthy for your hair and when it is mixed with besan, it gets even healthier. The mixture of besan and olive oil makes your hair long and strong.
How to use:
Take some besan and add some olive oil in it to make a thick paste.
Apply the paste on the roots of the hair and leave it for some time.
Before the hair turns extremely dry wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Besan with almond powder hair mask
Besan and almond powder when mixed together gives you healthy, black and bouncy hair. It improves the texture of your hair, helps retain their natural colour, and gives volume to your hair. You can add vitamin E oil capsules in the mixture, if you are suffering from hair damage.
How to use:
Take some besan and almond powder and mix them together.
Now, add some lemon juice and honey to the mixture and make a paste of it.
Apply the mask on your hair and leave it for some time.
Wash it off with plain water.
Repeat this routine twice a week to see the results.
4. Besan with egg hair mask
If you are suffering from dull and dry hair, then this hair mask is perfect for you. Besan and egg together condition your hair and make them soft and silky. The mask is known to remove the dryness of your hair and makes them soft and glossy.
How to use:
Take some besan and add egg in it and whisk them together.
Now, add lemon and honey and mix them together to make a paste.
Apply the mixture on the scalp and wait for some time.
After that wash it off with lukewarm water.
5. Besan with mayonnaise hair mask
Mayonnaise is excellent for your hair and when combined with besan, it gives your hair the perfect therapy they want. This hair mask helps moisture your hair and make it frizz-free by deep conditioning them. This hair mask is also known to help in your hair growth.
How to use:
Take some besan and mix it with some mayonnaise.
Now, add honey in the mixture and make paste of it.
Apply the paste on your hair and leave it for some time.
After that rinse it off with plain water.
Who doesn't like their hair to grow long and healthy? But its not as easy as it sounds. Genetics, unhealthy lifestyle, bad eating habits, hard water, and exposure to dust, pollution and chemicals are a few factors that are known to ruin the quality of our hair. We have all been guilty of spending thousands on buying hair products that barely did good. Luckily, our kitchen is a storehouse of natural remedies that work like a charm and cost almost nothing! Some of these ingredients, readily available across most home kitchens, not only make your hair healthy but also help them grow longer. One such ingredient is our very own staple vegetable, the humble potato. The juice of this versatile vegetable is a potent elixir for hair-growth.
What is it that potato juice has to offer to our hair and how does it help them grow longer? Let's find out.
Potato juice for hair growth
1. Potato juice is one of the most inexpensive and natural ways to stimulate hair growth. As compared to store-bought hair products, which may contain chemicals that can be harmful for hair in the longer run, using potato juice is a completely natural remedy that works for most people.
2. Potato juice consists of various essential vitamins that increase oxygen levels, which work to repair and restore collagen. Collagen is the protein found in the skin and other connective tissues. An improved collagen can then help better growth of hair.
3. A gentle massage with potato juice helps activate healthy scalp cells, which further encourage hair growth.
4. Excess oily hair can cause hair breakage. The high amount of starch present in potato juice can extract all the excess oil present in the scalp and follicles, allowing them to grow properly.
5. Dryness in the scalp can cause dandruff, which can lead to hair-thinning and breakage. Potato juice mixed with lemon juice is a potent solution for the dryness for healthy growth.
6. If you are experiencing hair loss, then bring potato juice to your rescue. It binds with oxygen and works on weak roots, further strengthening their grip.
Summer season is here and you've got all the more reasons to take care of your tresses. During summers, we tend to sweat more, which leads to various skin and hair problems. Moreover, there are various other external factors like pollution, dust and chemical-laden products that contribute in making the hair dull and lifeless. If you are suffering from the problem of dry, rough and lifeless hair, then it is of utmost importance for you to manage and take extra care of your locks. You can do so by just invading your kitchen. Yes, you read that right! Indian household kitchens are a treasure trove of ingredients that are replete with health-promoting properties. Not only do they benefit the skin, but also the hair and the overall health. When it comes to hair care, one thing that has an essential role to play is hair mask. A hair mask prepared using three common ingredients like banana, honey and yogurt could do wonders for your hair.
All the three ingredients mentioned above come loaded with nutrients that are essential to keep the hair healthy and strong. When combined together, this hair mask helps in bringing back the lost moisture of the hair and makes them look lively and bouncy. This hair mask is perfect for dull and lifeless hair; thanks to the presence of honey in it. Honey acts as an excellent moisturising agent and is also anti-bacterial in nature. It can help keep frizzy hair at bay and would further make them smooth and manageable.
Likewise, yogurt and banana too are nutrient-dense and when applied topically along the length of the hair, these two ingredients have the potential of reviving the lost sheen of your tresses. Yogurt is dense in calcium and its high vitamin D content makes it all the way more beneficial for dry hair. Bananas are packed with the goodness of antioxidants and its high potassium content helps in imparting a shine on the top layer of the hair.
Here is how you can prepare this three-ingredient hair mask for your dull and lifeless hair:
Things You Need:
2 tsp honey
2-3 tbsp yogurt (depending upon the length of your hair)
To begin with, take a bowl and add banana to it. Mash it using a fork or spoon and then add in honey along with yogurt to the bowl.
Blend together all the ingredients in a blender till a smooth paste is formed.
Now, apply this hair mask along the length of your hair from top to bottom. Allow it to stay for at least 20-30 minutes and then rinse it off using a mild shampoo.
All the ingredients mentioned above are readily available in the kitchen most of the time. Just bring together all of them and get back your hair's lost sheen.
Beer is a much-loved alcoholic beverage that we all perhaps associate with fun times with friends, loud parties and shiny memories on hot summer days. However, did you know that beer is much more than just a companion for hangouts and parties, and can, in fact, benefit you in a number of ways? Apart from the obvious benefit of helping in stress relief, beers may have a number of other health and beauty benefits too, which many of you may be unaware of. A 2000 study conducted by Guy’s Hospital in London, said that drinking darker beers may help improve the quality of your skin, as they are rich in antioxidants. This is due to the presence of ferulic acid present in barley, which is used in making beers. According to the study, this acid is more easily absorbed by the body from beer, making it somewhat of a beauty potion.
However, beer is not just good for the skin, but it may benefit your hair as well. Beer is used by a number of people in making shampoos, and de-carbonated beers are also used as conditioners to help repair damaged hair and reinvigorate the volume of your hair.
Beer For Hair: How To Use It As A Conditioner
Hollywood actor, Catherine Zeta Jones in 2009 had revealed that she used beer and honey to condition her beautiful black mane, which is quite an unusual 'home remedy'. Since then, thousands of beauty experts and bloggers have tried and denounced this hair washing regimen, saying that beer does, in fact, improve the quality of their hair, but not substantially enough for them to waste whole bottles of the bubbly beverage on their hair.
On the other hand, a number of brands have cashed in on the trend and launched products with beer in them, claiming to give you softer, glossier and voluminous hair. The hops used in the preparation of beer are said to contain silica, which may help in strengthening hair follicles and promoting growth too. So, if you have been intrigued by what effect beer is going to have on your hair and want to try this unusual treatment out, we can help you out by telling you exactly how to go about it.
Here Is A Step-By-Step Guide To Do The Beer Rinse At Home:
1. Take a can or a bottle of beer and pour it out into a bowl or a jug. Leave this poured beer out into the open and let it sit for some time. When the beer has been de-carbonated or has turned 'flat', transfer it into a spare container and keep it in the bathroom to use it while you wash your hair. It's very important that only flat beer has been used in rinsing, as the carbon dioxide in the beer can combine with water and turn it to hard water, which will hamper the cleansing action of the shampoo, making it hard for you to clean your hair.
2. Use your regular shampoo to clean your hair and instead of using your favoured conditioner, reach for that container of flat beer. Pour the beer directly onto your hair and slowly massage it into the roots of your hair for about one minute. The minerals in beer are said to be beneficial for the skin on your scalp as well. This is, particularly, helpful if you have an oily scalp. Leave the beer on for a few minutes.
3. Rinse the beer off with cold water. Don't worry if some of the beer is left behind on the scalp, as it is considered to be beneficial for the hair. Use it only once or twice a week, as too much use of beer on your hair may lead to dryness of scalp and dandruff.
Tip: If you want to enhance the abilities of your beer conditioner, you can add a number of other hair-friendly ingredients to it before using it for rinsing. Some people add natural ingredients like honey, apple cider vinegar, or egg, as well as natural oils like chamomile oil, jojoba oil, etc, to the flat beer to enhance its conditioning abilities.
So, now you know! If you suffer from excessive hair breakage, hair fall, dandruff or other chronic hair problems, it's better to keep away from this beer treatment, as in these cases medicated conditioners may be the best. It's advisable to consult a noted dermatologist before modifying your hair care routine.
Ginger, or adrak, is one spice that all Indians, or rather Asians, are very well aware of. The flavour-enhancing root spice is added to a number of curries, drinks and even sweets. The warm and zingy-tasting ginger is a part of a number of our home remedies for digestive troubles, as well as for cold and cough. The active compound in ginger, gingerol has analgesic (pain-relieving), sedative (sleep-inducing), antipyretic (anti-fever) and antibacterial properties. This makes ginger a good remedy for a whole range of problems. Ginger is also good for fighting inflammation in the body, due to the presence of antioxidant zingerone in it. This is why ginger is able to boost immunity and enhance skin quality as well. But, did you know that you can even fight scalp infections and dandruff using ginger?
Ginger is indeed a great beauty ingredient as well. Ginger juice can be added to face and hair masks to fight skin and scalp infections, due to its anti-bacterial or anti-microbial abilities. Ginger juice can restore health to your scalp and may even help in dealing with itchy scalp and dandruff. Some people even use ginger juice to control hair fall, as dandruff is considered a leading cause for hair fall. However, the role of ginger is preventing hair fall has only been proven by anecdotal evidence. It can most certainly help you dealing with dandruff. Here's how to use it to regain a healthy and happy skin on your scalp.
Ginger Hair Mask For Dandruff And Itchy Scalp
How to make ginger hair mask for dandruff and itchy scalp:
1. Take a fresh ginger root and slice it into pieces using a sharp knife or grate it.
2. Add sliced or grated ginger to some water and set it boil on a low flame. Slowly the colour of the water will start to change and after a few minutes it will turn slightly muddy or translucent yellow.
3. Take the water off the flame and filter it out using a fine sieve.
4. Press the residual ginger collected over the sieve to drain out the maximum juice into the container.
5. Allow the water to cool down. You can either pour this juice into a tiny spray bottle and spray it onto your scalp directly or mix it with an oil carrier and then apply the oil to your scalp.
Allow the mask to sit on your scalp for half an hour and then rinse it off with a gentle anti-dandruff shampoo. You can treat your scalp to the ginger juice or ginger juice mixture about once a week, in order to deal with dandruff and itchy scalp. The latter is the indication of bacterial growth and you may have it checked by a dermatologist before trying to treat it yourself. Besides this hair mask, regular oiling and massage is also important to treat dandruff.
one-stop solution for all your health care needs. In
here, you can connect to your doctor, consult online
audio/video/chat consultations, do near by clinic visit.
You can get preventive health check-up from top
accredited labs pan India at lowest price. You can also
upload prescriptions which is reviewed by our doctor
panel and get it done in-time at minimum price. At
HelloDox our mission is to provide best healthcare
services at lowest price to all our citizens.
- Survey No. 152-4/1A, Behind Krishna Petrol Pump, Near
Hinjewadi Hospital, Hinjewadi Pune - 411057, India.
Your session timed out.
Please refresh to continue!