Nausea can result from a variety of reasons. While the most cases arise from a hangover, it can also be a result of cancer treatment, patients fresh out of surgery and such other instances. Some big environmental changes are necessary such as keeping a cool temperature in the room or staying away from nausea triggering smells. Foods, however, play a huge role in curbing nausea. Here is a list of 10 best foods that help in fighting nausea:
Apple: Fruits with high fiber content go a long way in eradicating chemicals that are responsible for causing nausea. Apple is definitely one of them. Consumption of a whole apple can ensure that nausea can’t set in.
Crackers: Crackers such as toast, saltines and bread help the stomach to settle down and effectively absorb the acids. Keeping a few crackers close to the bed or office bag can come real handy in fighting nausea.
Lemon: Lemons are a great agent that effectively block nausea and fight morning sickness. This can be consumed along with food or drink in the form of juice or simply sucking on it. Not to mention they are a great source of vitamin C.
Ginger: Ginger is a jack of all trades and master of many. Apart from its enormous nutritional value, it helps a person to fight nausea. This is recommended by Doctors for a patient undergoing chemotherapy or radiation. They can be consumed along with tea, in food or as a whole.
Water: Although water may not be a preferred choice for many during nausea, it is one of the best agents to fight it. It not only keeps the body hydrated but negates acid formation in the stomach. Small sips of water after every half an hour can pay rich dividends in fighting nausea.
Nuts: At times the body suffers from nausea due to lack of protein and nuts contain plenty of them. Even peanut butter will serve the same purpose. They ensure that the body is at the threshold of the energy level and keep nausea at bay.
Chicken broth: The chicken broth is known to help individuals who have a tendency of suffering from nausea. Since broth is prepared of bouillon cubes, they greatly help in absorbing acid from the stomach.
Banana: Bananas are a great source of potassium which becomes essential in cases when a patient is suffering from diseases such as diarrhea. Due to their heavy sugar content, banana effectively fights nausea.
Mint: Mint is refreshing for all the people. Simply chewing a mint leaf or preparing a glass of juice from mint can effectively fight nausea.
Chilled food: Contrary to the popular belief, chilled foods can effectively counter nausea. They have the double benefit of keeping the stomach temperature under control and easy digestion.
Most of us hate it when we have to vomit, but vomiting is often your body's way of purging a contaminated substance. Often vomiting is tied with a strange uneasy feeling. This sensation is called nausea. Nausea can persist just before vomiting. Many a times you are just feeling nauseous and don't vomit and many a times nausea goes away after vomiting. The feeling of nausea and vomiting could be due to a various factors.
Here are simple & effective home remedies to soothe nausea and vomiting sensation..
- Chew 1 or two cardamom seeds, the change of taste can also help soothe the vomiting sensation.
- To a cup of water, add 10 drops of lime juice and half teaspoon sugar . Then add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Stir and drink. This effective remedy can stop nausea and vomiting immediately.
- A tea made of 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and a pinch of nutmeg steeped in a cup of hot water can also prove effective.
- A mixture of equal parts of lemon juice and honey can also provide relief from the uneasy feeling induced by nausea. Dip your index finger into the mixture and lick it. Have the mixture slowly.
- Ginger is an effective remedy to several tummy and digestion related problems. If the vomiting is caused due to food poisoning or indigestion, mixing one teaspoon of ginger juice or freshly grated ginger pulp and one teaspoon onion juice can also help you get past that queasy feeling effectively.