Many people feel hungry throughout the day. They are lethargic until they lay their hands on food. These bouts of hunger go on like a vicious circle and if not resisted it can lead to health issues. Some ways are given below to prevent unnecessary hunger:
1. A high- fiber diet- Your diet should be rich in fiber. Body takes a longer span of time to digest fibre-rich food. It also makes you feel full for hours together. Having fiber will keep your bowel movements in control and is, therefore, healthy. Remember to add extra fiber to your bowl of cereals or salad to keep pangs of hunger at bay.
2. Divide one heavy meal into two smaller meals- Eating heavy meals too frequently is really bad for your health. This can make you feel hungry time and again. To control the constant rumbling inside your tummy, you should divide one big meal into two or more smaller meals. For instance, if you were supposed to eat sandwiches, boiled eggs and soup for lunch, you should probably eat sandwiches at noon and eat the soup and eggs any time later in the day.
3. Never be a fast eater- Jumping on your food is the worst way of tackling things. Research and studies show how a human brain takes more than twenty minutes to tell your body it is full and satisfied. If you don't wish to overeat throughout the day, you must consume your food slowly. In this way, the brain takes more time in realizing it is full and thus, takes further time in feeling subsequent hunger.
4. Eat sufficiently during mealtime- Many tend to eat inadequately during mealtime and as soon as they are done with their food they feel hungry. It is important to fill yourself sufficiently when you are already eating. A person snacking on carrots and corns can keep away from binge eating.
5. Drink more glasses of water- Every person should drink around three to four litres of water. Drinking water half an hour after a meal can keep your gustatory concerns in check for long. Water keeps you hydrated, helps in digestion and controls unnecessary hunger.
6. Eat a good amount of protein- Protein makes you full in very little time and thus doesn't need to be consumed in great quantities. It will make you feel full for long as your blood sugar levels are in balance through protein consumption. Protein takes time to get digested.
Thus, following a proper diet plan can help avoid unnecessary food cravings.