Most women do not seek medical advice during menopausal time, and many women require no treatment. However, a woman should visit a doctor if symptoms are affecting her quality of life. Women should choose the type of therapy dependent on their menopausal symptoms, medical history, and personal preferences.
>> Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): Women can keep the symptoms of menopause at bay by supplementing their estrogen and progestin levels. HRT can be received through a simple patch on the skin. This patch releases estrogen and progestin. HRT is highly effective for many of the symptoms that occur during menopause.
- Risks of HRT
HRT raises the risk of #BreastCancer, #OvarianCancer, and #UterineCancer. It increases the risk of coronary heart disease risk and #stroke.
It slightly accelerates loss of tissue in the areas of the brain important for thinking and memory among women aged 65 years and over.
- Low-dose antidepressants: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) have been shown to decrease menopausal hot flashes. Drugs include: venlafaxine (Effexor), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), paroxetine (Paxil, others), citalopram (Celexa)
- Drug treatment for hot flashes: Hot flashes can be treated using gabapentin, available under the brand name Neurontin, and clonidine, which is often sold as Catapres. Clonidine can be taken either orally as a pill or placed on the skin as a patch. It is effective in treating hot flashes, but unpleasant side effects are common, including #Constipation, #DryEyes, and nightmares.
- Osteoporosis treatments: Treatments for #osteoporosis include dietary supplements and drug therapy.
- Drug treatments for vaginal symptoms: Vaginal estrogen may be applied to the area as a tablet, ring, or cream. This medication effectively treats #VaginalDryness, #dyspareunia, and some urinary problems.
Moisturisers are available over-the-counter.
HelloDox is one-stop solution for all your health care needs. In here, you can connect to your doctor, consult online audio/video/chat consultations, do near by clinic visit. You can get preventive health check-up from top NABL accredited labs pan India at lowest price. You can also upload prescriptions which is reviewed by our doctor panel and get it done in-time at minimum price. At HelloDox our mission is to provide best healthcare services at lowest price to all our citizens.
- Survey No. 152-4/1A, Behind Krishna Petrol Pump, Near
Hinjewadi Hospital, Hinjewadi Pune - 411057, India.
Your session timed out.
Please refresh to continue!