Weight loss is a major concern for both the genders. To be able to reveal your body to your partner can be tough and hence, affect your sex life. Once you lose weight, you not only score better in your normal health parameters but also your love-making skills. Here are six ways losing weight can help you get your sex mojo back.
SELF-CONFIDENCE: One major drawback of being overweight is the inability to open yourself up to your partner physically. The lack of self-confidence due to bodily issues can hinder one’s sex life massively. By losing weight, you gain the confidence to be around your partner. You also tend to be freer and this can positively affect your sex life.
YOU ORGASM FASTER AND BETTER: As per experts, when you are overweight, an extra layer of plaque is formed around blood vessels hampering blood flow in the genital area. As a result, reaching climax is tough for many overweight individuals. Shedding weight leads to increased blood flow and sensitivity, resulting in better climax.
LESSER INTIMACY ISSUES: The key to a healthy relationship is relaxed and consensual intimacy. Being overweight can tamper this process simply due to low confidence about one’s own body. Once you lose weight, this comfort level with your partner goes up. This also diminishes the possible stress of not being able to connect with your partner.
IMPROVED STAMINA: If after going for round one, you are hyperventilating to enter another, it’s time you lose weight. With increased weight comes the added disadvantage of lesser stamina and energy. Weight loss can help overcome this problem by a huge margin.
YOU CAN SPICE UP YOUR SEX LIFE: Unable to try different sex positions? Your weight is to blame. Different sex positions can enhance your sex life and also help you burn off extra calories in the process! Missionary can bore you to death and to excite yourself as a couple, weight loss should not sound like a big deal!
Indian cuisine offers a variety of spices that tingle not only your taste buds, but also impact health positively. Black pepper, which can turn dull dishes into lip-smacking, can help you shed weight. Black pepper is loaded with Vitamins A, C, and K, minerals, healthy fatty acids and works as a natural metabolic booster which makes it a storehouse of uncountable health benefits, including weight loss. It also contains piperine. Adding up a little of it in your meal burns calories after eating for hours, prevents the creation of new fat cells and suppresses fat accumulation. Clinical dietician and Nutritionist Nmami Agarwal and FITPASS’ Dietician and Nutritionist Mehar Rajput, have suggested a few ways to use the spice:
* Gulp or chew directly: Those who can tolerate the burning hot flavour of black pepper can consume 1-2 peppercorns directly every morning. This will rev up your metabolism.
* Black pepper tea: Add a dash of freshly ground black pepper in tea.
* Sprinkle it over fruit and vegetable salad: Use black pepper as a seasoning and simply sprinkle it over your favourite salad. This not only adds an extra flavour to your plate but also aids in weight loss.
* Add it your everyday beverage: A pinch of black pepper powder over a buttermilk recipe or summer refreshing masala-mint-lemonade goes a long way in not only shredding extra pounds, but also for a healthy gut and immunity.
* Black pepper oil: Add a drop of 100 per cent pure black pepper oil in a glass of plain water and consume it before breakfast or else using it as a salad dressing is another option.
* Pepper prevents new fat cells from forming: Pepper helps in reducing fatty acids, triglycerides, phospholipids and Cholesterol level in the plasma and lipid profile. It also helps in elevating the good cholesterol and reducing the formation of new fat cells in the body.
With weight reduction and the growing consciousness about looks and physique turning out to be the biggest resolution for every youngster, a right combination of exercises and nutritious food can be a game changer.
Lack of enough proteins, iron and other dietary supplements in the human body can cause hair loss. Inadequacy of such nutrients makes our hair thirsty and deprived from their desired nourishment which eventually makes them fall.
Arvind Poswal, hair expert at Dr. A’s Clinic and Mandeep Singh, fitness expert at Step-On Fitness Center have rolled out some significant tips to reduce weight without causing any damage to your hair:
* Intake of ample proteins like red meat, fish and beans are a good practice. Proteins help in structuring hair follicles and supplement a healthy diet. Thus, intake of proteins is advisable.
* Eggs, spinach, citrus fruits, nuts, carrots, avocado and whole grains must be incorporated in your diet for a healthy contribution to your body.
* Always ensure consumption of plentiful calories, which are vital for proper functioning of the human body system. It is essential to confine calories for weight loss but excessive restriction results in hair loss as lack of nutrition does not supplement hair growth.
* Hair loss after weight loss is usually associated with a condition called Telogen Effluvium. Fluctuation in the Body Mass Index causes physical stress, which signals the hair follicles to move into an inactive stage. Hence, the weight loss must be gradual.
* Some other vital supplements for hair growth are vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, iron and zinc. These vitamins have been seen as significant contributors to weight loss and hair growth.
* Brisk walking, yoga and light workout aids effective weight loss as there are no shortcuts to effective results.
Hair loss from sudden decline in the body weight is not permanent. There are several ways to resume healthy hair growth.
* People who lose weight often restrict their calorie consumption. For proper functioning of human body, it is important that our body receives the necessary nutrients for ideal operations. Lack of optimum calorie intake, leads to deficiencies in the body system. Just like our body needs food, similarly our hair also require intake of nutrients for their healthy growth.
* Hair loss is not a hassle anymore. It does get difficult for our body to cope with sudden changes and takes time to adapt to them. Proper diet and a healthy lifestyle are always effective.
Makhanas, or fox nuts, are back in vogue and how! Ever since it became popular as a 'health snack,' the market value of makhanahas increased manifold. The puffed-up lotus seeds are being sold by healthy packaged food brands at high prices, due to the increased demand of the desi snack, the world over. A number of brands have started selling flavoured packaged makhana, in order to attract the health-conscious populace. This is also partly due to a return-to-the-roots wave that has been sweeping the subcontinent lately. But, how effective are makhanas for weight loss?If eaten in the right quantity and the right manner, makhanas may indeed help you along in your weight loss journey. Obviously, eating home-roasted makhanas is a healthier option than eating artificially-flavoured or packaged makhanas, which are high in salt and trans-fat.
Calories In Makhana
Makhanas are quite low in calories, which is why they have become so popular as evening weight loss snacks, which you can munch on happily. A 50gms serving of dry-roasted makhanas has 180 calories and no saturated fat or sodium at all. Dry-roasted means that no grease or oil has been used in roasting the makhanas.
Nutritional Value Of Makhana
Makhanas are rich in good carbohydrates and proteins. They are also gluten-free and contain a flavonoid called kaempferol, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties. They are also high in magnesium, which is important for heart health and also the regulation of levels of calcium, potassium and sodium in the blood. Although, fox nuts are rich in carbohydrates, their glycaemic index is significantly lower than foods like rice, bread, etc. Makhanas are also rich in iron, which is important for haemoglobin formation in the blood and for optimum transportation of oxygen (through blood).
Here are several popular ways to consume makhana for weight loss:
1. Dry Roasted Makhana: Place your makhanas on a non-stick pan or griddle and roast them on a low flame until they appear slightly brown. Be careful to moderate the flame, so as to not burn the fox nuts. Once they are roasted transfer the fox nuts in an air-tight jar or container and place the container in a dry place.
2. Makhanas Roasted With Ghee/Coconut Oil: If you're not averse to a bit of healthy fat, then you may add a tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil to your pan, before placing the fox nuts in it. You may add a bit of salt or chaat masala but avoid adding to many artificial or salty flavourings and seasonings.
3. Healthy Flavoured Makhana: If you just can't eat plain makhanas, you may make flavoured makhanas at home in a healthy way. All you need to do is roast the fox nuts in ghee and flavour them with naturally spices and condiments like mint leaves, curry leaves, coriander powder, garlic powder, turmeric powder, green chillies, etc. You may also add peanuts or cashews and almonds to the mix to add a bit more crunch and nutrition to the snack.
Almost all of us are constantly looking for ways to lose weight. While some work hard for it, others just contemplate the efforts involved and push it away for another day. Daily visit to the gym is often regarded as the only solution to staying fit, but what most tend to overlook is the role diet and lifestyle has to play in the entire process. Yes, you heard us right, small changes in your diet can go a long way in helping you shed those extra kilos.
Here’s what you should start doing for a fitter body and mind:
Drink lots of water and carry a bottle with you
Drinking water has more benefits than one can imagine. Water is not only calorie-free but also helps in burning them. In fact, drinking water in regular intervals can help keep a check on your appetite. In case you are struggling to lose weight, drink water.
Carry a healthy snack in your bag
While you might be eating right for breakfast and lunch, it is generally during the evening that our resolve to eat healthy begins to falter. While it might seem too tempting to give into junk food, hold back. Carrying a healthy snack or even a handful of almonds is a healthy practice. Follow it.
Also, choosing the right time to snack is important. As the day proceeds, try to eat light and not snack on anything heavy.
Avoid aerated drinks
Drinking cold aerated drinks might seem too tempting during summers, but they have several harmful health effects. Loaded with sugar, these drinks are detriemental to health and a sure-shot way to weight gain.
Do not sit at your desk all the time
Sitting at the desk for long hours can lead to weight gain. Take a break and walk about, even if for a little while. A little effort goes a long way.
Cut down on alcohol
If you want to lose weight, try cutting down on alcohol. The calorie content reflects on the weight machine and it is only worse for those who drink heavily.
Eating at regular intervals
It is popularly believed that eating at regular intervals keeps metabolism high. At the same time, munching on something intermittently also works at a psychological level in keeping hunger pangs at bay.
Don’t skip breakfast
Breakfast is called the most important meal of the day for a reason. Having a balanced breakfast is extremely important and it sustains you throughout the day.
Control your screen time
Sitting still before the TV for long periods of time can lead to weight gain. Unplugging the television set, going out for walks in the park or any other form of outdoor activity is a better practice.