For muscle-gains or losing body fat for building lean muscle mass, you have innumerable options when it comes to choosing foods and supplements.
- Eggs: Egg whites are an essential part of diet for every successful bodybuilder. One of the best sources of protein, eggs have fat ratio of 60:1 that contributes considerably to muscle-building. It is touted as the super-food for bodybuilders because it is readily utilised by body for protein synthesis.
- Beans/Legumes: Veggies such as beans & legumes are not just delicious but nutritious. It gives you protein and fibre to help maintain regular & normal healthy bowel movement besides insulin response (important to muscle growth as both functions aid in absorption).
- Lean chicken/Turkey breasts: An excellent source of protein & low in saturated trans fats, lean cut chicken and turkey breasts are one of the best foods for #bodybuilding. These can be incorporated easily in multiple meals throughout the day.
- Carbohydrates: They are body's main source of energy, & critical to mass building. It keeps your body on course of muscle building by maintaining insulin response. Starchy carbohydrate sources (such as oatmeal, grits, potatoes and brown rice), fibrous carbohydrate (such as green beans, broccoli, lettuce and spinach) & simple carbohydrates (such as apples, bananas, grapes, oranges and pineapple) should be incorporated in bodybuilding diet.
- Fish: An excellent source of essential fatty acids such as omega-3, which has a major contribution in muscle-building process.
- Lean red meat/Lean ground beef: Rich in protein, iron, zinc and vitamin B, lean red meat and ground beef make an excellent mass-building food option. These are high level of saturated fats; make sure you do not consume these on an everyday basis.
- Bananas: They are a fast and easy way to get a good dose of carbohydrate, potassium & sugar to help refuel glycogen stores and to ultimately increase muscle hypertrophy.
There are many weight-gain supplements that are available in the market, not all are completely safe. Enlisted are some effective natural options that will help you put on weight safely.
- Protein-based Foods as supplements
Protein is essential to build muscle. To gain weight, you need to consume more protein. Milk is an excellent source, or a supplement, which can easily be consumed in between meals. Among other excellent sources of protein are beef, fish, chicken, eggs and pork. Eat modest portions of these in between meals.
- Whey protein
Whey proteins have most of the sugars and fats that are needed for weight gain; it is also a fast-digesting protein. Rather than relying on a weight-gainer formula, you may take whey protein mixed in water 2-3 times per day. Whey also provides substantial protein serving to back muscle building, especially for those with slow metabolism. These supplements or whey shakes can be used as a meal replacement or as a snack between meals.
- Vitamin D
Vitamin D is a supplement which is known to enhance your overall health, but can also aid in massive weight gain. The increased vitaminD intake improves #Testosterone hormone levels, which is a powerful muscle-building hormone. Moreover, vitamin D helps the body in calcium absorption, which can promote increased bone mass and strength.
- Royal jelly
A nutrient-rich, calorie-dense liquid ‘royal jelly’ can be helpful for massive weight gain. The royal jelly could significantly increase testosterone levels.
- Fish oil
Fish oil supplements encompass fat and are calorie-dense nutrients. The fat contained in fish oil supplements which is omega-3 fatty acids, can promote increased muscle protein synthesis driving the growth of muscle mass.
If you are confused about what to eat and what not to eat because your diet has a direct effect on cholesterol, here is a rundown:
If you have high cholesterol, you should cut down on saturated fat found in fatty meats and whole milk dairies products like cheese, ice cream, and butter. Also avoid Canola Oil & Other Processed Vegetable Oils, Potato Chips & Other Packaged Foods, Cookies & Other Sugary Treats and Dark Chocolate.
However, there are a number of foods with healthy unsaturated fats that will actually improve your cholesterol. They include fatty fish like tuna and salmon, walnuts, and almonds. But, eat them in moderation as they are high in calories.
The importance of counting your calories is often overlooked by people with high cholesterol. No matter how much or how little fat or cholesterol is in a food, its calories still add up. Eating too much of it can lead to weight gain, and that increases your risk of high cholesterol.
- High Cholesterol Foods
Experts have long urged people with high cholesterol to avoid foods loaded with #cholesterol, like egg yolks, shrimp, and organ meats. Also, don't assume that a food labelled "cholesterol-free" is necessarily good for you.
Additionally, Oatmeal, oat bran and high-fiber foods are best foods to control your cholesterol. Oatmeal contains soluble fiber, which reduces your low-density lipoprotein (LDL), the "bad" cholesterol. Soluble fiber is also found in such foods as kidney beans, apples, pears, barley and prunes. Soluble fiber can reduce the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream.
If you are concerned that your child may be underweight, consult your child’s physician. Assuming your child has no underlying medical concerns, the idea will then be to encourage weight gain in a healthful way, with food. Empty calories from foods high in fat and added sugars might add a few pounds, but they will not provide the nutrients a child needs to build strong bones and a healthy body.
If your child is underweight, start by ensuring that most meals and snacks are nutrient-rich. Good sources of protein for weight gain include eggs, peanut butter and other nut butters, bean soups, hummus and full-fat milk, yogurt and cheese. Whole wheat bread and pasta, mashed potatoes and hot cereal are excellent carbohydrate choices, while nuts and seeds, and avocados, are healthy fat sources to help your child gain weight.
Dates are a good source of vitamins, minerals and healthy fiber. Eating 2-3 Dates each day can prove good for health. As Dates are high in sugar, it is recommended to consume them in a certain limit.
Benefits of having Dates :-
- They improve Digestion
- They are good Energy Boosters
- They help in treating and preventing Anaemia
- They Reduce the risk of Heart Stroke
- They promote Healthy Pregnancy and a Safe Delivery
- They boost brain health
- They can help you gain weight
- They strengthen your Bones
- They boost your Immunity level