Here are some of the tips to keep from falling sick this summer:-
- Ayurveda recommends that you should wake up during the Brahma Muhurat and after attending to nature's call, do Surya Namaskara and take a light and fresh breakfast.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day by drinking water. You can also add a dash of lime and mint in water and drink every day. Make sure you do not drink chilled water as it will make you sick.
- Consume foods that have more water content. Choose to eat sweet fruits like melons, pears and grapes. Vegetables like cucumber and zucchini and dairy products such as milk and ghee should be present in your diet.
- Do not forget to add herbs in your diet. Amla, brahmi, neem and gudduchi are known to be the best cooling herbs that will keep the pitta dosha in balance.
- Avoid sour foods that may include cream and vinegar. Spicy dishes should also be avoided as they can heat up your body causing various health problems, especially digestive issues.
- Cook with cooling spices like fennel seeds, mint, anise and cardamom. Make sure you add them in your daily diet to keep the pitta dosh in balance.
- As per Ayurveda, rose water is a magic potion that has innumerable healing powers and cooling effect on the body. You can apply rose water on your skin after being exposed to sun in order to get relief from excessive heat.
- Taking a 10-15 minute walk at sunrise will help stimulate your mood and body's production of vitamin D.
Drinking approx. 750 ml of water in the early hours of the day keeps the 3 bio-energies i.e., Vata, Pitta and Kapha on track.
According to Ayurveda, drinking 8 prasriti (approximately 768 ml) of water in the early hours of the day during sunrise and before attending nature calls helps channelizing the 3 doshas, viz., Vaata, Pitta and Kapha. It ensures healthy metabolic fire and assures the followers of this regime a lengthy life with a perfect libido.
The water can be stored in metallic vessels like copper, silver etc or even wooden or clay. Water derives healing properties from the containers it is stored in.
- Drinking water from the gold vessel/glass pacifies all the bio-energies and improves vision.
- Water stored in Silver is useful for eyes, sight and pacifies pitta, but increases Vata and Kapha. Therefore, it is not recommended for people of cold temperament.
- Copper glass water increases intelligence, appetite and prevents bleeding problems. Copper is highly recommended amongst all.
- Water stored in Brass glass is a good wormicidal.
- Water from leafy containers increase taste, improve digestion and remove toxins.
- Water drunk from Iron glass containers relieves edema and gives strength.
- Water from clay containers are cool in potency and heal inflammations.
- Water from wooden containers increase appetite.
Most of us hate it when we have to vomit, but vomiting is often your body's way of purging a contaminated substance. Often vomiting is tied with a strange uneasy feeling. This sensation is called nausea. Nausea can persist just before vomiting. Many a times you are just feeling nauseous and don't vomit and many a times nausea goes away after vomiting. The feeling of nausea and vomiting could be due to a various factors.
Here are simple & effective home remedies to soothe nausea and vomiting sensation..
- Chew 1 or two cardamom seeds, the change of taste can also help soothe the vomiting sensation.
- To a cup of water, add 10 drops of lime juice and half teaspoon sugar . Then add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Stir and drink. This effective remedy can stop nausea and vomiting immediately.
- A tea made of 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and a pinch of nutmeg steeped in a cup of hot water can also prove effective.
- A mixture of equal parts of lemon juice and honey can also provide relief from the uneasy feeling induced by nausea. Dip your index finger into the mixture and lick it. Have the mixture slowly.
- Ginger is an effective remedy to several tummy and digestion related problems. If the vomiting is caused due to food poisoning or indigestion, mixing one teaspoon of ginger juice or freshly grated ginger pulp and one teaspoon onion juice can also help you get past that queasy feeling effectively.
What should be the Paricharya..or daily routine for 1 St Month of Preganacy...
Many times women got to know late about pregnancy..and they missed those first month in half way..but who accepting about baby..should follow..this Ayurvedic Garbhini Paricharya when they got to know about preganacy.
1. Ayurveda Concern more about baby and mother...so it starts with
1 St Month Caring Medicine..or we called Prarham Masse Medicine
This Medicine helpful to protect the baby..and for safe development of baby..because many times in first trimester many hurdels are comes ..like miscarriages,spoting etc..so this medicines helps to well development of baby..
( All Ayurvedic Medicine Should be taken under Reg Ayurvedic Practitioner observation)
So what should be the diet according to Ayurvedic dincharya for Garbhini..
She should avoid More Spicy,Sour,lemon,Yogurt and Cold Food ..or Night food which might be eaten in morning that should be avoided.
Milk or Medicinal Milk, she could take..from first month,Many Women's don't take Milk..they felt vomiting Sensation ,they can take milk with mixing a pinch of powder of cardamom elaichi)
At the end of the month morning sickness or vomiting sensation mainly seen..so light diet should be advised with vegetables soups or dal Rice ..( vegetables should be neatly clean ) ,pulses like Green gram is best to take.
Avoid Heat producing products like Tea,Coffe..
No Tail Abhyang..or Udarvartan..Powder massage in Till 5 month.
Water intake should be 5 to 6 glasses with every time a sips according to your thirst..
Yog.-- Simple sukhasan with anulom and vilom for 10/mins .
(This information is just for knowledge of Ayurveda..what is told in Grantha...but Medicines and Proper Medicinal dincharya are not describe in this article... So people's should understand and consult with Register Ayurvedic Practitioners for Ayurvedic Garbhini Dincharya.).
Improper way of drinking water can lead to illnesses. According to Ayurveda, there are some guidelines for drinking water to keep you healthy.
- Drinking water on an empty stomach in the morning will help in flushing out the toxins from your body and prevent many diseases. It will also clear your intestine and kidneys. Start drinking around two cups of water and then increase the quantity.
- Adding few drops of lemon juice to it can help.
- - Identify your body’s signal to know when you are thirsty - dark urine or chapped lips.
- Do not gulp down your water. Take small sips and drink slowly.
- Never drink water in a hurry (while standing). This can disturb the fluid balance of your body.
- Sit down to drink water. This will relax your nervous system and muscles, helping your digestion.
- Drink lukewarm water, instead of chilled water. It will promote good digestion, relieve pain and bloating, help in weight loss and will improve metabolism.